The Upper Yellowstone Watershed Group is a collection of people who appreciate, or support, or participate in Agricultural endeavors on any scale. We believe that Agricultural involvement, as it is lived out by diverse individuals and operations, can and must be enhanced, preserved, and valued now and for posterity. We propose to safeguard our Agriculture environment by protecting, improving, developing, harvesting, and efficiently using land, water, timber, and rangeland.
To understand and conserve the Upper Yellowstone watershed, including its agriculture, open space, rural character, wildlife, fisheries, natural resources, and recreational use while protecting private property rights.
Purpose & Goals
The group’s goals include:
- Preserve production agriculture and the open space it provides by promoting a stewardship approach to watershed management.
- Protect and respect private property rights.
- Provide dependable and accessible information through collection and dissemination of scientifically sound monitoring and assessment data.
- Maintain and preserve the overall health of the watershed by developing best practices, seeking innovative solutions, and working to improve drought response and preparedness.
- Lead community education and outreach efforts on watershed-related issues.
- Provide a collective ‘voice for the watershed’ through the exchange of ideas and response to issues.
August 2014 is Montana Conservation Month! Join in recognizing the efforts of people in conservation or partipate in several conservation projects happening across the state. See the official website for more…